Are you or someone you know interested in staying at the Beacon?
- Beacon of Life provides a trauma-informed home and programming for adults
identifying as women who are potentially facing homelessness due to substance use,
domestic violence, incarceration, or other crisis. We are staffed 24 hours a day and seek
to provide a welcoming, accepting, and accountable environment to help women heal
from the past and grow toward the future.
- Rent is $100/week (includes utilities and WiFi) plus $25/month for food (can use SNAP).
- All clients participate in our five-phase program. In the first phase (which lasts at least
two months), clients have a 5:00 pm curfew and must secure a job within two weeks.
- Each week, clients meet with their Case Manager and attend a House Meeting.
- All clients work with the Case Manager to schedule an assessment for mental health,
substance use, physical health, and financial health then follow through on
recommendations, as well as any additional programming that seems fitting to
- Clients share a large room and bathroom with three other women.
- Clients participate in daily household chores and take turns cooking supper.
- Clients must currently be clean and sober and then remain clean and sober at all times.
Clients will have their belongings searched regularly to ensure the home is a safe
environment for all who are trying to remain clean and sober.
- The Beacon of Life prioritizes treating all our staff and clients with dignity and respect.
- Clients can live here for 6 - 24 months.